June 5, 2017
My poor neglected blog. Fortunately, I have done a little painting in the last month – the results are below. I’ve been playing around a bit and am looking forward to more experimentation with dark outlines.
My drawing a day project is going reasonably well – another 31 days completed.
For June, I’ve decided on two rules:
- All of my drawings will consist of a few items selected from 21 still life props with the addition fresh produce I have on hand if I choose to add it. I’ve photographed all the props together to better illustrate how distant the resemblances in my drawings are to their real-life counterparts.
- Any medium goes – as much variety as possible – it’s about being experimental and knowing that some (or most?) of these drawings will be atrocious! This is my chance to play with all of those art supplies I was so enamoured with when I saw them in the store but I really have no idea how to use.
And a few things on my mind lately:
- This post “Taming the Mammoth: Why You Should Stop Caring What Other People Think”
- Wondering how much difference it would really make if I woke up at the same time every day. It would be a bit of an undertaking to conduct a proper experiment, but I might do it.
- This post. “What if you didn’t need money or attention?”
- Lastly: “Part of a cure”