March 14, 2016
A bit more time put in on this image this past weekend. I decided I didn’t much care for the posterized version of the apples, so I redid them. Interestingly enough, last week, right before I put away my brushes, I thought I’d add a bit more detail to the drapery on the right hand side of the image. I worked quickly and was not at all impressed with what I accomplished at the time. Now when I look back at it though, it looks entirely different – fortunately in a good way. More evidence that sometimes it’s the time away from a canvas that allows you to view it more accurately. The background still needs work here, but it’s getting close to finished.